Best Bedroom Flooring
The bedroom floor becomes a very intimate area in the bedroom. The first thing to do when starting bedroom decorating is to think about how comfortable it will feel to be barefoot in the morning or at night, is your bedroom floor too cold for that? The best Bedroom Flooring can come from the choice of floor materials, and the level of comfort that the floor will present to you. Even the choice of the floor can have an impact on the physical and psychological for the user of the space itself.
The criteria for selecting floor materials can vary, and some of them even include the atmosphere when you step on the bare feet and also how attractive the floor itself presents. Sometimes homeowners also often consider whether their floor is environmentally friendly? The durability of the floor? And also, how to care for the floor? To make it easier to choose bedroom floors, here is a list of Best Bedroom Flooring with its advantages and disadvantages.
Best Bedroom Flooring with Pros and Cons
Carpets are a really popular choice for bedroom floors in North America and other western countries. The rug is Best Bedroom Flooring with a soft and warm feel for your feet, this is a really comfortable rug choice for barefoot. The comfortable feeling of this material will give you a luxurious feel and protect you from the cold when winter hits.
- Thermal insulation: Combined with cushioning well, give carpet floors protection from excessive heat and cold. Which means this floor will stay warm and warm for you.
- Sound suppression: This option will absorb existing sounds and provide a sense of calm in your bedroom.
- Ecosystem: Price is one of the factors that cause carpets to become very popular for bedroom flooring materials. Carpet floors can be pegged for as little as $ 2-3 per square foot.
- Surface: The soft feel that comes with rugs making them a good choice for children’s rooms, when they fall the children will not hurt them.
- Difficult to remove: When you get liquid stains, they can soak deep into the pads and even cause permanent stains on them. Carpets are also an option for attracting dust well and can be a disruptor to the quality of the air in the bedroom.
- Allergens: To capture allergy pollen and particles, the carpet is the best material. Doing a lot of vacuuming does not completely remove the allergens that are in the carpet layer. So, when you have allergies avoid carpets.
- Non-recyclable: When the carpet has problems or is damaged, the only place to make it in the trash.
There are more and more homeowners who prefer hardwood as bedroom flooring material. And in fact, hardwood is indeed the Best Bedroom Flooring! And in the real estate world, this material is the chicest idea for bedroom floors. Apart from being beautiful, they are also durable and provide a warm and inviting look.
- Attractive appearance: Maybe this is why many room users have made it one of the Best Bedroom Flooring! Apart from having an inviting look, hardwood floors also provide warmth, as well as natural beauty to your bedroom.
- Warm and strong: While they may not appear as soft as carpet, the choice of hardwood planks has a warmth that is perfect for your bedroom. Combine with rugs for a more luxurious and comfortable impression.
Increase selling value: Not a few are fond of hardwood floors. In the home sale market, hardwood floors are an option that is attracting more buying interest.
- Long-lasting: When you take care of it properly, this floor will last longer than the age of the house itself. Even without good reason, hardwood floors do not require replacement.
- Recycling: This floor even has value in the used goods market. Many recycling centers will accept hardwood floors for recycling.
- Allergies: The ease of sweeping, the removal of pollen particles, and other allergens makes hardwood floors a good choice for those with allergy problems.
- More maintenance: Hardwood floors have good resistance to stains and scratches, however when they have scratches or cuts repair can be very difficult. In addition, this material requires regular cleaning as well as stripping and refining.
- Expensive: You can run from $ 7-26 per square foot depending on what would you use.
- Thermal Insulation: They will not absorb sound for your room.
This floor is a choice of really a floor that has a dual function for the bedroom. These floors are not even very popular in bathrooms and kitchens. Apart from that they also have a variety of looks available to choose from, even luxury vinyl floors have an almost wooden, ceramic, and even stone appearance.
- Waterproof: Yes, although bedrooms have lower humidity levels than bathrooms and kitchens, the nature of waterproof vinyl flooring makes them easy for regular cleaning.
- Care: Easy to clean and they are also easy to keep clean, sweeping, and even mopping will not be difficult.
- Soft: The second-best choice in softness after rugs is vinyl, you don’t have to worry about falling.
- Ease of installation: In fact, vinyl is the Best Bedroom Flooring option with ease of installation, which is what makes them one of the first DIY projects.
- Cheap: This is what makes the vinyl more desirable, they are cheap and easy to install. Nobody can resist the price of vinyl as a sheet can cost from $ 3-7 per square foot (depending on the vinyl material).
Durable: The bedroom is a low-traffic space, and good quality vinyl will last there for over 20 years.
- Environmentally unfriendly: The main drawback of vinyl flooring is that they are bad for the environment. With its non-renewable oil-based production it takes a lot of energy to make.
- Non-gaseous chemicals: By installing new vinyl, even with adhesive applications, you may be able to remove VOCs and other hazardous chemicals.
- Cannot be recycled
This floor is made of a thin layer with a plastic mold with an attractive design, they are also often associated with the base layer of high fiberboard, and covered with a clear wear layer. Laminate is a versatile choice and can resemble a variety of other flooring materials such as wood, stone, and even metal. Best Bedroom Flooring Choice for DIYers? That means the laminate is the winner.
- Ease of installation: this floor has the shape of a tongue joint with a modified groove, you will easily attach it by lock and click.
- More designs: Laminate floors are often the alternative to hardwoods, as well as natural stone.
- Cheaper: They come for less than $ 3 per square foot.
- Easily Scratched: Over time, the floor will not be able to avoid scratching the wear layer. And even for those who have dogs or cats, regular grooming of their nails is a must to keep the floor clean.
- Hard: Although it has lower durability than wood, when you fall on the laminate surface it is not uncommon for you to get cuts.
- Has no insulation value: Its hard surface will make an echo in your space, and a good quality sublayer should be done to help drown out the sound.
- Cannot be repaired: When compared to wood, laminate floors cannot be repaired. They need a thorough replacement to restore their appearance.
- Look cheap: The use of laminate flooring often destroys the resale value for your home. Many investors assume that laminate floors have a bad look for their homes.
So, after reading the Best Bedroom Flooring list above which one will you choose? One thing to underline is that the bedroom is a space that has less traffic. The use of floor materials above can really work for you.