When talking about kitchen countertop options, we will be faced with a lot of countertop materials on the market. However, these 9 Best kitchen countertops material is the main benchmark when you want to choose a kitchen table for the best appearance in the house.
These options include marble, quartz, granite, and so on. However, each ingredient also has various advantages and disadvantages to consider. Such as strength, durability, age, and also the price benchmark of each material can vary. That is why you should read this list of Best kitchen countertops to make your selection easier.
Best Kitchen Countertops Material
The choice of Best kitchen countertops, the first material is granite! In fact, this material has been trusted to be the best table material for decades. Granite is a natural material that gives a charming appearance and enhances charm in the kitchen. Even a simple kitchen will look more attractive when combined with this table.
This material is an option that is quite costly, but over time the cost of this material comes down with a more limited cost and is due to a large number of engineered stones.
- Heat resistant
- Strong and durable
- Improve the look of kitchens & real estate
- Comes with many colors to choose from even more than (3000 choices)
- Maintenance tends to be easy
- Drains the contents of the wallet
- Not a good material for DIY installation
- Each sheet has the potential for imperfections
- When the installation is not correct, it can crack the material
- It needs sealing to avoid stain on the surface.
This one is also included in the list of Best kitchen countertops material and comes in various colors such as dark gray with a soft and smooth appearance. They are also often referred to as an alternative to granite. This stone is often used in historic homes, but modern-style houses also often use it as a material for tables and sinks. Over time this material has come with an antique patina which gives more appeal to certain kitchen styles.
- Has a richer and deeper color appearance
- Stain resistant
- Heat resistant
- When the stone breaks, you can sand it
- Give the room an antique as well as historic look
- Darker discoloration may occur over time
- Not for DIY work
- Requires treatment with mineral oil
- Has the potential for scratches and dents on the surface
This natural stone will never find 2 sheets with the exact same tone! This is the reason why marble is one of the best kitchen countertops material choices with a more unique appearance.
However, the price is quite high, making this stone very rare in most kitchens. With its elegant appearance, this material is often used as an ingredient for islands or the table at the center of a cake shop.
Although expensive, they are also easy to scratch and also change color. Has a marble material, requires you to update the sealer all the time for easier maintenance.
- Water resistant as well as heat
- Increase the selling value and appearance of the room
- Very unique with a variety of veins
- Not for DIY installation
- Easy to scratch and difficult to repair
- Porous and easy to find stains
Solid surface material
This best kitchen countertops material is often sold under various brands such as Avonite, Corian, and Swan stone. The solid surface material is a man-made material that has a mixture of acrylic particles and resin that is pressed to form a sheet and several other shapes.
- Stain Resistant
- Has invisible seams
- When you find damage, you can repair it using sandpaper
- Has more patterns as well as colors to choose.
- Enough to drain the wallet
- Susceptible to damage when exposed to hot pot
- Installation with a professional will make your expenses even more bloated
If you want a material that is durable and easy to clean, then the choice of ceramic tiles for countertops must be considered! Even what makes ceramic tiles so attractive is that the price is much more affordable when compared to some natural stones such as quartz, granite, and so on.
Along with the times, porcelain tiles come with more design choices, some of which even have a look that resembles wood, marble, and various other natural materials.
- Easy to clean
- Has a more affordable price
- The best choice for DIYers
- Heat resistant
- Has many styles that can be taken home
- Some special tiles are quite expensive
- Brittle and cracks easily when there is a hard impact
- The grout line can be stained and difficult to clean
The next choice of Best kitchen countertops material is laminates, they come with various well-known brands such as Formica, Nevamar, and Wilsonart. This material is obtained from a synthetic plastic coated with a smooth surface that is easy to clean.
This material is considered a better choice than some other premium tables, laminate is becoming a more popular material in recent years due to the large selection of colors, patterns, and styles that you can get. Kitchen with retro style will be very suitable in combination with this material, especially with medieval style.
- Easy to care for
- Has many color choices
- Easy DIY installation
- The stitches tend to be obvious
- Less desirable home buyers
- Maintenance of grout and backsplash requires additional costs
- Can be scratched and peeled (even very difficult to repair)
Best Kitchen Countertops Material Wood beam
This material is an option that will enhance the warm look of your kitchen with a wide range of color tones and finishes to choose from. Hardwoods such as maple and oak are the best choices for kitchen countertops.
- Easy to clean
- Long lasting when cared for properly
- Sanding and also resealing can be done
- Has a look that resembles a rustic style
- The surface can be scratched and cut by the knife
- Stagnant water can be destructive
- Lingering stains can be very difficult to remove
- When it is not treated properly, bacteria are the main problem in this material
- Can crack when maintenance is not observed
Best Kitchen Countertops Material Stainless steel
If you want a more contemporary or industrial look to your kitchen, try using stainless steel for your countertops. Stainless steel countertops are the best kitchen countertops with good durability and heat resistance. With a custom build you can have a table that looks completely seamless.
- Long lasting and also hot
- Create a modern look
- Easy to clean
- Become one of the tables that is called a “premium” table
- Quite expensive
- Easy to scratch
Best Kitchen Countertops Material Concrete
For those who want a more unique look on their countertops, concrete can be an alternative for homeowners. With its weight, concrete countertops are often printed in a shape that adapts to the existing kitchen area. And it’s worth knowing that this material is completely different from the concrete plates on the sidewalks out there! Concrete slabs for countertops can come in a variety of textures, and can also be colored using an acid.
To reduce porosity in concrete, you can use additives while regular maintenance will reduce the potential for cracks in your countertops!
- Can be given a color as you wish
- Heat and scratch resistance
- Has a more modern look
- More decorative textures and colors you can get
- Not an option for DIY installation
- Cracks can happen at any time
- High cost
- Regular sealing must be done to avoid porous on the surface
With some recommendations for Best kitchen countertops material, you can consider options based on the style in your room. The harmony of the material and the style you have is the key to the successful use of the material.