The living room is a versatile space, and the sofa is the biggest part of any style living room. So the placement of the sofa is the first thing you should think about carefully. Even the sofa must have a very precise area to make it easier for you to explore your room, but this is not as easy as it sounds. All have rules and are no exception to your couch, the sofa in the living room must face the focus point in the room. But it’s different for those who don’t have a focal point in their room! So what will be done? To simplify your sofa settings, here are some placement tips that you can try.
Good Sofa Placement
This is the main and determining factor for every furniture purchase, to make the room look good, pay attention to your furniture selection. When you have one side with a visual object and one side that is not visually sufficient then the room will look unpleasant and unbalanced. Large-scale sofas will take up a lot of space, and this means you will need furniture with almost the same weight on the other side of the sofa. This is the reason when you see a living room with two chairs opposite a sofa (Balancer).
Sofa becomes a piece of big furniture in the living room, this means you have to prepare a plan to manage the traffic there. Make sure guests are not awkward to step and surround your things just to get in or out of the room, there are no dangers such as tripping over furniture legs.
For safety when entering the room and sitting on a soft sofa, make sure you make a clear path for those who walk from one end of the room to the other.
This is something we encounter most often … Many of the homeowners try to push their couches against the wall to get more space. And this is a mistake. Make a little distance for the sofa with a wall and watch how you get the results. This is a simple trick to make soda breathe.
Sofa Placement Ideas
- Front Window. This does not mean that you will block the incoming light, basically, the sofa that is placed in front of the window will be very good when they have a lower exit view from your sofa. For laying the sofa in front of the window, prepare a distance of 10-15 inches for breathing space and make it easier when you take care of the window.
- Across the window. A beautiful large window is a focal point for your room, place the sofa across the window and take advantage of access to views out of your window. This is the natural focal point you get.
- In front of the fireplace. The fireplace is a good focal point for the living room and this will be the most appropriate place to place your sofa.
- U shape. Sofa with U shape is an excellent choice for making a balance in the room, this is the best sofa placement choice for a room with a larger size. So consider!
- In front of the entrance area. To place it in front of the entrance area, this is not for those who are just learning about living room design. And this placement requires you to have convenient and structured traffic.
- Middle of space. This is also the work of a pro, for large spaces this placement will be suitable for breaking up the room and making a comfortable area to open a conversation.
Also Read: Kitchen Cabinets Tricks are More Convenient
This sofa became a design that was a little inconvenient, with its shape. This is the sofa that lures the owner to push it against the wall. However, the fact that the cross-section will be very charming when slightly pulled from the wall. They will provide additional seating and areas for other furniture. Give a little breathing room and rear area to walk through the room. In some cases, this sofa is also a room divider.