You need to know that every living room has a different purpose from one owner to another. Some people use it as the main place to gather together with their families, and some other people use the living room as a place to show off their various furniture. Whatever the main function of your family room, all of it will not be separated from How to choose living room furniture! All the existing decorations will depend on how you arrange the furniture and make the right choice.
Basically, How to choose living room furniture, has a big impact on appearance, comfort, and also attractiveness in a room. So, make sure you know the basics of choosing furniture before you start buying it.
How to choose living room furniture
Basic Ideas In How to choose living room furniture.
When you start buying and arranging living room furniture, there are a few simple tips that can be used as a guide in spatial planning:
- Start by creating a focal point in the living room and arranging the furniture around the focal point you created. Some homeowners may have naturally acquired the focal point when they finish building a house, this focal point could be a fireplace or a large window. But some people also have to create a focal point before they start organizing. So, learn how to determine the focal point in the living room.
- Traffic flow, pay attention! How to choose living room furniture is not just about getting a variety of furniture. However, also how do you present a clear flow of traffic there. Make sure when you start arranging furniture, you have enough space for each user of the space to walk freely without having to move or kick your furniture.
- Give a little space between the furniture and the walls. What is often forgotten When arranging living room furniture is too close the furniture to the wall! The back of furniture that touches the wall is the biggest mistake we make when decorating a living room. Placing the pieces closer together will allow the flow of conversation to flow better, and a little free space between the furniture and the walls will create the impression of more spacious space.
- Arrange the furniture to become a comfortable conversation area, when you start arranging the furniture in the living room. Make sure the setting fits your room and make sure the flow of conversation flows clearly, without having to make users craning their necks or screaming at each other.
How to choose living room furniture based on size and placement
Remember, when you start choosing furniture knowing the right size is an important requirement to get an elegant look in your room. Some of these ideas can be considered in your selection.
1. How to choose living room furniture for sofas and chairs, remember that sofas and chairs are enough items to empty the contents of your wallet. So, starting to consider these two items is a very natural thing. The most important thing is to confirm the size of your room. When bringing in a sofa, being too big or too small can make a room really weird!
We recommend that you start sketching the room with a piece of graph paper of a possible size. Then consider placing chairs and sofas at several different points and see which ones look good (visually and leave some free space for your traffic area).
2. How to choose living room furniture for the Rugs, Rugs are the most appropriate way to define a chat area in the living room. However, a common mistake is to use rugs that are too small to define space! When choosing rugs, you should make sure that any piece of furniture is above it (at least one front leg of each piece of furniture).
3. How to choose living room furniture for the coffee table is a practical item that is often used as a centerpiece in the middle of conversation areas. When you put it in the room, make sure it is the right height to easily reach drinks or food. The height of the coffee table is the best parallel to the height of the sofa or so it is better.
However, you can get a better option from a coffee table by replacing it with an ottoman with a tray or using a stool. Indeed, this sounds less convincing, but the function provided is the same when you use a coffee table. Ensuring that you have a coffee table of the right size is also a determinant of comfort in the room. Make sure everyone sitting there can easily reach the drinks and food you are serving without having to stand up,
And also provide free space between the coffee table and the sofa, at least 14-20 inches! So that the traffic area there can walk easily.
4. How to choose living room furniture for Side tables, not just coffee tables, are items to enhance the look and appeal of your living room. However, the side table will also contribute to building the look and style of your room. The use of a side table can be based on how many seats there are. At least you can place a side table for both sides of the sofa and between a pair of existing chairs.
The benefit of using them is having more enough space without having to jostle one another. And make sure to also use the right table height, at least flush with the armrests of the chair or shorter.
Determination of living room accessories
After you finish with How to choose living room furniture, don’t forget to add knick-knacks in the room. To enhance the look of the living room, you can at least bring some window treatments, as well as some wall art.
When bringing it in, make sure to get into a strategic position. Because they will determine the luxury in the room.
For wall art that is placed behind the sofa, you can use 1/3 the size of the sofa to place the wall art. This method will instantly grab the user’s eye view and become a really good conversation starter in the living room.