A kitchen remodeling project can be a project with a large scale, high cost, and a long process. Overhaul of a full-sized kitchen can cost over $ 20,000 and remodeling can include a complete overhaul of the cabinet area, a granite replacement, as well as a variety of other high-end appliances. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t minimize expenses for remodeling the kitchen in your home! This kitchen design on a budget will give you simple tips for remodeling your kitchen on a more affordable budget.
In fact, this Kitchen design on a budget project not only keeps the budget down but will also enhance the appearance of the room. By following this project, you can save more than half of the initial cost. And with the remaining costs, you can double the investment in the room.
Basically, the basic tips for doing Kitchen design on a budget is to make a priority scale with 3 basic steps, namely planning, determining materials, and estimating labor.
Kitchen Design on a Budget
Plan a Makeover Project
The first and foremost thing to save money from a kitchen remodel project is to spend a little time estimating (making a priority scale). At least get the right time before starting to remodel the kitchen, at least in the 2 weeks or one month before the project starts. You have to plan your makeover project.
Get a clear picture of what will be renovated, the materials to be used, and also the estimated costs. You can start by going to Pinterest and finding a kitchen picture that catches your eye, with the many designs that have the amount of expenditure, and also the materials will be different too.
Making a clear plan will really help you to minimize decorating errors and also cost overruns.
When planning projects take place, make sure you prioritize priority items from your decorating plan. Everyone will definitely be tempted to do an overhaul of various items in the room, but sometimes this renovation doesn’t work well enough to do.
Try to see the appearance of the kitchen with a critical (frugal) view, try to communicate with your wife or with other family members. Ask what items should be changed, and what changes should be made to them.
Furthermore, for Kitchen design on a budget is to save the materials that will be used. This is a project for storing a variety of materials at your disposal (if applicable). Sometimes in this project, you just need to coat the item with fresh paint. Updating items such as walls, cabinets, and old counters to make it look new and refreshing is a very sensible idea to save money on your kitchen design.
If you want to add a few items to your kitchen, you can start by exploring other spaces and get some stools or other items that can be moved into your kitchen. Here are some tips for making savings in your kitchen:
- Look around you; Remember the first thing to do in a kitchen remodel, when starting this project, you can start by finding items you like (in another room). You can get a pretty floor tile or some eye-catching lighting fixture. However, don’t be in a rush to move it into the kitchen. You can try to check several stores and compare the prices offered, sometimes the prices at the store are cheaper with better quality than what you have.
- Shopping for Used Items; Try visiting a reuse center and choose a few types of materials that can be used to improve the appearance of your kitchen. Try to find some tiles, countertops, cabinets, or some other hardware to enhance the look of your kitchen. Try visiting stores like eBay and Craigslist for cheaper prices with better quality.
- Get rid of old items; It is not uncommon for me to meet clients who have a lot of unused or damaged items. Instead of hoarding it in the kitchen, it would be better if you throw it away or sell it. With the small amount of money earned from these sales, you can make purchases to update the look in your kitchen.
- Mix; In recent years, we have found that a trendier look is obtained from blending the finishes indoors. As well as the different colors in the upper and lower cabinets, the use of different materials for kitchen islands and countertops. It’s not a bad thing to mix up the finishes, in fact, they will increase the appeal of your kitchen.
- Focus on Details; Try to change the existing functions in the room, sometimes the kitchen is functioning properly but its attractiveness diminishes. One idea that can be used is to play (change) small details in the room, such as changing lighting fixtures, finishes, and existing hardware.
Expenditures of Wages for Labor
You need to know that for Kitchen design on a budget, a very effective thing to do is to save money on labor. If you are a true DIYer, the more costs you can reduce!
But unfortunately, if this work has a large scale doing it on your own is not a good thing! Savings are not only about middle-aged expenses, but also about saving time, effort, and also minimizing mistakes that may occur.
The decision to do DIY work or hire a specialist can be decided after you do a little research on the type of work to be done! Determine how the work will be done, and how difficult it is.
If asking me what is the easiest thing to do without professional help then you can start with the demolition! Tearing the cabinet, dismantling the floor is easier than installing it yourself. And in fact, you don’t even need a contractor’s certificate for this job.
Save Multiple Items for Kitchen Design on a Budget
Basically, a kitchen remodeling project will focus on the big items you have such as tables, islands, cabinets, floors, and so on. However, you need to know that remodeling a kitchen on a budget can be done with a little energy, such as adding a backsplash to improve lighting. Here are some recommendations for overhauling the Kitchen design on a budget:
As cabinets are costly to decorate your kitchen project, some new cabinets can take up about 40% of your budget. However, there are several effective ways for you to try:
- Update Final Result
- Update the appearance of the cabinet
- Replace existing hardware
- Try to use open shelves
For an overhaul of the look of the kitchen that really works is to make major changes to the existing countertops. This project might cost you around $ 3,000 but the results won’t disappoint! Here are some material choices to consider:
- Solid Surface
- Butcher Block
3. Kitchen Design on a Budget with Kitchen equipment
If we talk about kitchen design on a budget then replacing equipment can cost around 15-20% of the existing costs. That way, there may be some swelling in your project!
- Try to buy a set of equipment
- Didn’t replace it at all
- Choose the item of the highest quality
- Try to pay attention to the scratches and grooves
4. Floor for Kitchen Design on a Budget
For a mid-range kitchen floor remodel, you can spend around $ 2,000- $ 3,200 (depending on the materials you want). So, consider your flooring materials before starting. Know About the Best Cheap flooring here.
5. Backsplash For Kitchen Design on a Budget
To increase the appeal and appearance in the kitchen, you can use a backsplash with luxurious tiles that cover an existing wall. In this way, you can make the impression of more luxurious and charming space in the kitchen. In fact, just by updating the backsplash appearance, this Kitchen design on a budget project will be going well!
The last thing you can do in a kitchen design on a budget is to update or add a lighting fixture in the room. With better light, the kitchen will look more charming and even this way it won’t cost you a lot!