However, the sink’s most commonly used sinks are under-mount and also top-mount type. This sink has become the most frequently chosen choice for a more attractive and attractive kitchen! However, like most other sinks, these two sinks also have advantages and disadvantages for you to consider installing. Knowing the pros and cons of the two most common sink types, you will be easier in considering your choice.
Kitchen Sink Undermount Or Top-Mount
- The size of the overmount sink will not be linked with the wall cabinet in your kitchen, so you can get a variety of sizes to suit your kitchen.
- If you set the dining table made from smooth marble, you can use this sink for the purpose of maintaining the edge.
- You will get a cheap price from this sink option.
- Installation is easier compared to under-mount
- The beauty of the appearance of this sink will not be seen when you use a table of high-class materials, such as granite because this material will make the appeal of your sink decrease.
- These sinks tend to easily clean up pieces of food, but they will trap your pieces on the edge of the sink. And resulting in the development of fungi and bacteria that will interfere with your washing.
- This type of sink has the advantage and appeal of table characteristics which are not disturbed by the edges of the sink
- Cleaning the table becomes easier with the placement of this sink, this sink allows you to sweep leftovers and other spills directly to your sink without obstructions (the edge of the sink).
- You have to take care of your sink more thoroughly because this sink is at the bottom! They have no edges, which requires you to be more careful when filling the sink. Because in general, when filling you don’t notice the water will be full and flood your table.
- While the installation hasn’t happened yet, make sure the quality of the cement, because in most cases the cement supporting the sink is not resistant to water and is too often exposed to water will make your cement weaken, and the sink will fall.
- This type of sink is a sink that requires you to hire professionals to assist you with the installation. And you will slightly scratch your expenses by paying professionals and buying your sink.
- These sinks also require you to pay a little extra because they have a higher price than an overmount sink.