It is very common for us to find laminate floors to become gritty, sticky, and even streaky after a mopping project is done. Don’t let the laminate floor get any worse, these laminate flooring cleaning tips are a collection of the most effective ways to maintain the appearance of your floor. Does not require flooring, the most appropriate way to care for the floor is to understand how laminate is present, and what treatments work well for laminates.
Floorcare and maintenance projects are not difficult, you just need a little research and do-good job maintenance. Here are effective Laminate flooring cleaning tips. When you want an elegant look on laminate floors, dusting and vacuuming projects are an effective way to clean dirt and grit off your surfaces. The presence of sand and dirt will be the main cause of scratches and wear on the floor. In addition, when there is a spill, cleanup should be done as soon as possible. Depending on how to traffic your floors are, you should do a thorough cleaning project at least once every 2 weeks.
The Need for Cleaning Laminates
- Dust Mop
- Vacuum cleaner
- Wet mop
- Cleaning cloth
- Cleaning products for laminates
- White vinegar (optional)
Laminate flooring cleaning tips that must be done:
1. Laminate Flooring Cleaning Tips With Clean dust
The mandatory thing to do when you want your laminate to look good is to mop and vacuum regularly. Removing (minimizing) particles on the surface using a damp mop will keep the floor looking great all the time. Sweeping dust and particles can be done every morning and evening, mopping the floor can be done once a week.
The bad thing that can happen when you don’t do this is leaving sand that will scratch and destroy the appearance of the floor surface. When using a vacuum cleaner, set the machine for hardwood as using a vacuum cleaner that has a rolling brush can leave scratches.
Using a traditional broom may look safe, but in essence, it can leave particles that contain grit (has the potential to scratch the floor).
2. The cleaning product of choice
Laminate flooring cleaning tips using well-known products don’t always solve your problem! A cleaner option with a design that fits your floor and budget would be a more sensible idea or you can use vinegar and a little alcohol to make the floor shine. If, you want to use vinegar as a natural cleaning agent, check it out here.
Whatever cleaning product you choose to use, make sure not to overdo it! However, excessive cleaning can leave a residue on the surface and reduce the finish of the floor itself. Excessive residue on the surface is a major cause of deteriorating the appearance of your laminate.
3. Laminate Flooring Cleaning Tips with Mop
Quickly mopping the floor can cause water to penetrate the layers of the floor and cause floor swelling. When mopping floors, make sure to use a damp cloth and spray the cleaner sparingly.
Laminate flooring cleaning tips to look more radiant is to scrub them after mopping the floors. Using a cleaning cloth that absorbs water is the best choice to do, using a dry microfiber cloth for example!
Mopping the floor is a way to keep it looking good all the time, while scrubbing it with a microfiber cloth will help you keep it looking optimally clean.
When you find the laminate looks more attractive, to maintain its appearance use no protection such as using a floor mat outside and indoors. This method will help you to minimize dirt and other particles littering the room. Here are some do and don’ts for keeping your laminate looking great over the years.
- Read Instructions on cleaning products: Before starting any laminate cleaning project, it’s a good idea to turn the cleaning product over and read it. There are several specific products that have their own recommendations for use.
- Don’t get the stain on the floor: Spills are perfectly natural in the floor area, but leaving them alone is not a good thing. To keep the appearance of the laminate preserved, you should avoid spills as much as possible! Wiping up spills as soon as possible will help you keep the floor looking.
- Avoid using abrasive items: Keep in mind that laminate is a material that can still be scratched. When cleaning floors, make sure to avoid any tools that have abrasive properties as they have the potential to scratch and destroy the appearance of your floor.
- Mopping: One of the laminate flooring cleaning tips that you shouldn’t miss is mopping the floor (at least once every 2 or 3 weeks) Remember! Use a damp cloth instead of a damp cloth to wipe the floor, make sure to also use a soft cloth such as a microfiber mop.
- Cleaning products: To get the look and results you want, be sure to bring a cleaning product that is made especially for laminate floors.
- Use a doormat: Having a doormat at the entrance is the most effective prevention project to minimize dust and small partitions from getting into the surface of your laminate floors. This way at least, you can be calmer!
- Cut nails: Dogs and cats are pets that scratch the floor a lot (this is a natural trait so don’t blame them). For that, you must trim your pet’s nails as regularly as possible to minimize scratches that may be caused.
These laminate flooring cleaning tips will help you to maintain the appearance and extend the life of your laminate floor, so be sure to do so. Good luck!