Having a house with two floors is a great blessing, when you own this house you will definitely think about how you connect these two floors with your good and still have aesthetic value for your home. The types of stairs nowadays are very diverse, having many shapes, types, and materials for stairs in your home. Let’s understand and choose the type of stairs for your home that suits the style you have in your home, the formation of each ladder certainly has its own advantages and disadvantages. Let’s understand the strengths and weaknesses of the various forms of stairs to connect your two floors, and apply them to your taste.
Best Type Of Living Room Stairs
This ladder has a shape according to its name, a ladder without changes in direction, and this ladder will often be found on residential and commercial properties. Besides having a direction that does not change the stairs are often placed on the platform in the middle of the road and is often used to connect heights of more than 12 feet.
Advantages of Straight Stairs:
- These straight-shaped stairs are the easiest stairs to explore on your floor.
- You will get ease in the installation of your stairs, but that depends on the texture of your stairs itself.
- Besides having the ease of exploring the house and installation, this straight-shaped staircase is the most preferred ladder in minimalist home mode.
- Don’t require a landing if your ladder has a height below 16 feet.
- The handle for this ladder is very simple and easy.
- Easier measurement than other types of stairs.
Also Read :
- Complete Living Room Lighting Ideas
- Ideas for Maximizing Minimalist Bedrooms
- Coloring Ideas Outside Your Home
Weaknesses of Straight Stairs:
- This hand will use a lot of linear space that you have to take into account properly.
- Straight stairs do not have privacy barriers as offered by other types of stairs.
- When the ladder is 12 feet tall you need an extra landing, whereas this addition can use up your space.
This ladder can be said of a revolution of straight stairs, this ladder has a bend in several parts. This bend is obtained when you add a landing at a transition point for your stairs. Usually, this additional landing is in the middle of the distance from your two floors, if you are too low or too high to place your landing this ladder can be called an L ladder with an unusual length.
Advantages of L-shaped Stairs:
- When compared with a straight shaped ladder this ladder will be more interesting.
- This ladder has a barrier so this ladder is more privacy.
- This ladder will be safer if compared to a straight ladder.
- Having a landing in the middle will provide a place to rest when going down or up.
- To make your room design better, you can place it in the corner of your room.
Disadvantages of L-shaped stairs:
- Few have difficulty levels for the installation of this ladder.
- You will need more mature planning for this banister.
- The use of these stairs will be a little difficult for you to bring in or take out your belongings, especially when you install these stairs in the basement.
This U-shaped ladder is based on a type of straight staircase that has two flights connected parallel and with a step that finally creates a 180-degree turn for your trip line.
Advantages of U Shaped Stairs:
- They will easily become plans for architecture.
- Bring up an interest in architecture.
- Has a resting point in the middle.
Lack of U-Shaped Stairs:
- The installation of these stairs will be a little time-consuming and mature planning because you will install a ladder with a parallel shape in your home.
The staircase is a variation of the shape of the L stair style which has a flat landing and also steps with a triangle shape at each angular transition.
Advantages of Winder Ladder:
- With its shape, these stairs will not take up much space and they will often be found in old homes and as secondary stairs.
- The visual interest offered by this ladder exceeds that of other stairs, and for this reason, many modern homes are starting to use this type of ladder. Modern homeowners are very interested in the future turn of this ladder.
Stair Loss Losses:
- In terms of navigation, this ladder has a difficulty that is more difficult than the L-shaped ladder.
- The mounting for the handle will be more complicated than the L. forming hand.
- Support for this ladder is like a must.
This ladder has a very elegant and compact design, you will feel how awesome this ladder is when you look at it from above.
Advantages of Spiral Stairs:
- With its compactness, these stairs are very popular for beach style rooms. They also become excellent for the attic.
- This ladder is very unique in its spiral shape, with this form it is no wonder they will become an additional accessory with the uniqueness that is offered.
- The center pole and the landing have more support.
Spiral Ladder Loss:
- Difficult to navigate stairs
- Difficult in removing and carrying items
- You will not be able to ride this ladder together.
These stairs are almost the same as a spiral staircase, but they have larger fingers. The elegance of these stairs is more attractive than other stairs. They always appear at the door to add an attractive impression to your home.
The Advantages of Curved Stairs:
- These stairs are very elegant and traditional, but as time goes by they get the addition of more attractive models.
- With large fingers, they will be easier to walk.
Losses on Curved Stairs:
- This ladder is the most difficult ladder in its construction, with this difficulty factor they have high costs too.