In the living room, the sofa becomes the largest part and also the focal point of your room. Sofa becomes the first choice in choosing furniture for the living room. For ease in decorating the living room, you must understand how the sofa is placed and how the sofa will be more a good arrangement in your living room. For a general rule, the sofa will naturally become your focal point. Place your sofa to get a good impression of the living room, where we share tips for a good living room sofa to get extra comfort.
Living Room Sofa Placement
When you try to arrange furniture in your room, balance becomes a major consideration. Using too much furniture on one side and leaving the other side too open makes your room unpleasant to look at. Especially for sofas, they have a size big enough for a room and they take up a lot of visual space on one side and you need furniture that weighs roughly the same as your sofa to balance your living room, with this in mind we often do the placement of two chairs with the aim to balance the weight of the sofa in the room.
Watch your traffic
Pay attention to the level of traffic in your room! Sofa with a large size to eat the most space in this area. So that the placement for the sofa will have a major impact on indoor traffic. Think about how easy it is to step in the living room to not obstruct each other and not trip over your furniture. Make sure that you and your guests have a safe distance between the coffee table and your sofa to avoid accidents in the living room, create a walking path that makes it easy to walk from one side to the other without having to move your furniture.
Give free space in your room, sometimes you have to keep your sofa away from the wall to get a place to play in the living room. Giving a little leeway to your space is a good way to make the room more amazing and charming.
A good placement for your sofa
- Front Window, placing soda in front of the window is a good idea for the living room. A sofa placed in front of a window makes the room better even for windows at a low level. Give a little space between the window and your couch around 10-12 inches to provide breath for your room and also facilitate maintenance for the window.
- Across the window, if you have a large window and luxury in the window, you can place a sofa opposite your window to enjoy the view while sitting on the couch.
- Overlooking Fireplaces, In addition to the fireplace sofa, can also be a focal point in your living room facing you with a fireplace. Placing next to the fireplace will be a perfect placement in your living room.
- On the other side of the sofa, placing the sofa on the other side of the couch is a good choice to balance your space. In fact, this is a way that is often done by homeowners to balance in their room. This method will be impossible for a minimalist room, but it will be a perfect way for a room that can accommodate both of your sofas.
- Front Door, for placement at the front door not for a beginner. For a rule, you will not be able to put the sofa in front of the door because it will block your room. This method will really bother you when you don’t have enough space at the back of your couch. But when you have extra space, you will get a good impression of this placement.
- In the middle of the room, one way to place the sofa that makes the most sense for your living room is by placing it in the middle of your room. Sofa without a back can be a good choice to open a conversation.