Learn how to combine task and ambient lighting in your bedroom to get more stylish and still functional lighting with tasks and ambient in your room. Think about how the lighting scheme will give your bedroom a more functional and attractive appearance.
Your bedroom needs lighting that makes it easy for you to place clothes, read, knit, and also rest. Lighting in the bedroom will be lighting that gives you light for reading or lighting that likes to work in the room. While ambient lighting, with a low level (overhead) and the lamp beside your bed, will fill the room with a soft light that illuminates each side of the room. And your wardrobe will benefit from floodlights, especially if your room is large with minimal light.
Bedroom Lighting Schemes
In this article we write various lighting schemes in bedrooms with different scales, from accents to spotlights to the part where you will choose the hood that is suitable for your room, of course, we will also give tips on how to combine them for your room. These tips can you use to plan lighting combinations in your bedroom to get the perfect look.
The type of lighting you need in the bedroom
Before you enter lighting in the bedroom, you should know several types of light that exist. Especially when choosing lighting in a room that you usually only use at night, and even you only need minimal lighting. The type of lighting you need is ambient, task, and accent. However, because it is in your bedroom you will not use these three types of lighting simultaneously.
The most effective tips for making lighting schemes in your bedroom are to use layers of light in your room. The trend is circulating with ceiling and statement selection. With the right choice you will get a dramatic look, but think about how you use lighting in the bedroom before you start your selection.
- Ambient; This function mimics natural lighting and you can incorporate this lighting with pendants, lamps, and wall scones with a soft beam of light for a relaxed atmosphere.
- Task; It is a focal light, which is present in bright ceiling downlights, lighting in cabinets, and bedside tables.
- Accent; you can get by using spotlights, downlights, and uplights in your area to give a radiant style in the room by illuminating the design features in the room like a work of art.
- Tungsten lamp; Will give you instant warm light in your room and will last for 1,000 hours.
- Halogen lamp; will provide instant white light that is bright and lasts for 2,000 hours.
- Energy-saving lamp; Or a compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) that will provide natural white light with 1 minute to warm up and last in 8,000 hours.
Create your mood by using Dimmer in the bedroom
Dimmer switches are the perfect choice for setting moods and are also great for giving a dramatic impression in your room, Dimmer also comes with a cheap budget. You will get several types of dimmers for your room; Touch dimmers, which you can control by touching your lights. Dimer switch; which you can turn on by turning the switch or inline on your lamp. And remote dimmers; which allows you to control the light from a great distance. This last dimmer becomes a favorite dimmer because it is operated from a great distance and increases the ideal lighting in the room.
Dimmers will not work for energy-efficient lighting but using dimmers in your room will be an energy-saving choice.