The terrace is a place to welcome your guests, and a well-designed terrace will make your terrace the second living room in the house. So it’s not unusual when we decorate the terrace as much as possible to get a comfortable impression there. No wonder when the terrace floor selection comes, we will continue to compare one ingredient with another to add comfort there!
For the best terrace floor selection, you may continue to look for references on how to best choose your terrace floor. For that, stop looking and read this guide for the selection of the best terrace floor in your home!
Terrace floor is a choice of what type of floor you will use for your outdoor area. And they come in a variety of styles and colors that you can choose for your floor, the terrace floor can be the right way when you want to show off your personal style!
Type Of Patio Flooring Is Most Suitable For Your Home
To purchase a floor, you must pay attention to several factors, one of which is the type of floor which is the best choice for the terrace, the durability of the floor, and also the comfort factor to walk on. Terrace floor ideas come in various types ranging from comfortable wood to natural stone motifs that are a little complicated.
Before you choose a floor, it is a good idea to consider the weaknesses and strengths of the faithful types of flooring that exist primarily for the cost, installation.
Choice of terrace floor
You will find various types of terrace floors, here are a few common terrace floors:
- Hardwood Floors: The first choice is hardwood floors that have long durability with a charming style. Wooden floors, a floor that is versatile and gives a charming background appearance to your patio area, even you can use the beach, countryside, and even modern impression. You can sand the wood floor repeatedly, they become the choice for a good long-term investment for your terrace. Wood is also an environmentally friendly flooring option.
- Stone: For a luxurious and stylish look no one can beat the look of a natural stone floor. Floors with a variety of colors and give a touch of art that matches any stylish decor in your area. To give a more unique appearance, you can use stones that have irregular shapes (abstract) abstract stones that will give a tortuous appearance and will make the impression more attractive. The most favorite natural stone for the terrace is slate, granite, and also marble. Batu does have a minimalist level of care, but they don’t come to areas with children and pets because it won’t last long!
- Brick: Brick flooring is a choice that can be simple and also complicated, it all depends on your choice. Stone is a choice of floor types that are low maintenance and also resistant to slips, bricks will also present the impression of the old world wherever you place it. Brick is a good choice for your patio area but not recommended for terraces with snow climate! Because the sediment from snow will make the surface irregular and will be difficult to remove.
- Concrete: Concrete is a very amazing choice of floors and they come with unquestionable durability! You can form concrete in accordance with all available shapes, and you can color, paint, brush, paint, and give a pattern! A concrete floor is present for those of you who have more creativity to make art on your floor. When choosing concrete, be sure to look at choosing concrete that is designed for your outdoor area!
The size determines your decor, and when making floor measurements you should pay attention to 3 basic things:
- Make sure how much terrace area you will use. Your selection will make the patio area an outdoor living room (if possible)
- Determine the size of the material on your porch. Like the choice of ceramic tiles with 1 inch – 24 inches. Wooden planks 2 1/4 – 6 inches.
- Make sure how many floors you need to cover your area
Terrace floor has a variety of costs depending on how your installation? Did you install it yourself? Like the type of wood floors, tiles, and concrete are cheap types of flooring. However, you cannot install it yourself and your installation can be a destroyer of your budget!
In addition to types, you will also get price variations of the items that you choose. Such a basic wood without processed will cost 8 $ per square foot, and top quality wood requires you to pay 20 $ square feet. Whereas natural stone is an expensive floor choice at 25 $ – 38 $ per square foot.
The most common terrace flooring is a job for a professional, but there are several types of flooring that can be treated in DIY. Wood, brick can be a porch floor option suitable for DIY work. While DIY pros can install ceramic tile floors when the design is simple. Other types of flooring: concrete, brick, and natural stone have a slightly complicated installation method and require you to hire a pro to help with your installation.
This one has been around for more than 150 years with a myriad of experiences, and this brand is one of the leading brands in the flooring sector. Engineered ceramic flooring is a good choice for your patio floor, the Bruce line provides more than 360 types of engineered hardwood with solid textures and many of which are suitable for your patio floor.
The following is a list of prices provided by Armstrong
- $ 3.60 – $ 7.10 / Square foot
- Has good durability, scratch-resistant, and also not easily cracked
- Easy installation
- $ 3 to $ 11 / square foot
- Longer durability
- $ 3 to $ 8.50 / square foot
- Stable when compared with hardwood
- Has construction of up to 7 layers
Present since 1993 they are one of the brands that have the largest supply of hardwood. And they succeeded in making floor branches for other types of flooring, including tiles and porcelain.
- $ 1,03 – $ 7,05 / square foot
- Stone and wood are the choices
- $ 1.40 – $ 10 / square foot
- Problems from the factory without intermediaries
Founded in 1946, this brand is very well known as one of the innovators in the field of carpet. And at this time, I issued various types of floors and also included 3 top floor publications. Tiles, stone, and also engineered wood are the choices for your patio floor.
- $ 3- $ 7.4 / square foot
- Having an eric source
Also Read: Make Dining Centerpieces More Attractive With These Tips
Tiles and stones
- $ 1.5- $ 20 / square foot
- You will get choices from ceramics and porcelain to even slate